Privacy???

I just read this really interesting article called ‘Schools use the net to eavesdrop on students’ regarding schools that are monitoring its student’s internet use for activities such as facebook and twitter ect, not only at school but also at home! Their reasoning is that they are worried about cyber bullying, but I don’t know about this. Do you all think that schools should be allowed to monitor what students are using the internet for at home?

See the article here.

2 thoughts on “Privacy???

1. I do not think that schools should be able to monitor students social networks whilst they are at home. I feel that it is a breach of privacy and like what the article said, we cannot tap into a phone line to listen to students conversations so why is it ok to do it on the internet. It is the students and parents responsibilities to monitor how they behave on the internet at home.

2. I agree with you. Fair enough at school, students need to be careful what they look at or say, but at home it’s up to the parents to decide what their child can and can not do.